Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Moon Festival in Taiwan




I am gonna introduce my favorite traditional festival in Taiwan – Moon Festival.
The date of this festival is on 8/15 of the lunar calendar. In this day, every member of a family will get together and enjoy watching the full moon. We eat moon cake in that day, and the most important and popular activity is BBQ!!!!!!! This is the reason why I love Moon Festival. For me, every year when the date is coming, I am so excited to invite my friends to BBQ, and it’s not only just has once, we can have BBQ party many times around those days.
According to Chinese mythology, in the ancient, there had 10 suns in the world. One day, all of suns raised on the sky, and let the earth scorching. An archer named Hou-Yi shot down the nine of them and saved people’s life. Then he got a elixir (a kind of medicine that can make him live forever). But his wife Chang-E drank it. Then she became a celestial. Thus started the legend of the woman in the moon that people would pray on the Moon Festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment